What is a float pod
All about a float pod and the benefits of floating
Commonly asked questions answered just for you
Everything you need to know before your first float
What is a flotation pod?
Floatation pods are a light and sound-free environment (optional)…
…Containing twelve inches of water with 550kg of Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulphate) dissolved inside. The water is heated to skin temperature (35 degrees Celsius), so that once you are settled in the tank, the sensation of water on your skin will slowly fade away. It will be as though the outside world has stopped, leaving you in your own space for relaxation.
The buoyancy created by the dense salt solution allowing you to float effortlessly and effectively removes the feeling of gravity on the body, bringing you close to an experience of total weightlessness.
Benefits of floating
No matter how long you float, your skin will not form any wrinkles that are normally
associated with prolong water soaking. The salt is continually absorbed by the skin, allowing the skin to
remain smooth and supple.
- Your body absorbs an abundance of healthy minerals such as magnesium and sulphates through the skin. Both minerals are available in Epsom salt. One hour in the Dreampod will allow you to supplement your body’s requirement of magnesium.
- Floating reduces stress on the skeletal system including the back, hips and joints
- Ease muscle pain by allowing the muscle to uncoil, lengthen and truly relax as well as aiding the release of toxins
- Magnesium is a natural sedative, it will help relieve muscle aches, back pain, migraines, insomnia and much more
- Promotes total mental and physical calmness- a perfect hour of meditation
- Improves blood circulation and the distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces blood pressure and heart rate, giving the body a natural way to release stress
- Aids the brain in releasing endorphins- powerful natural pain relievers and mood enhancers that promote a greater sense of well being
- Meditative State of Relaxation: Aside from endorphins released by the brain, your brainwaves will also shift into a theta state. Theta brainwaves are a rare brain state, normally achievable by people trained extensively in meditation. Floating can be considered as a short cut to achieving the deepest state of mind, and well being.
This gives you the perfect environment to allow your physical body to release the daily strain on your body. With ear plugs in, and the tank’s interior lights off,
the quietness and darkness allows the mind to drift into the deepest state
of relaxation possible.
Float Nation Documentary
People all across the globe are visiting float tank centers in hopes of reaching states of sensory deprivation. With decades of promising research, why is floating so unknown and underutilized? The result of a trip across the United States, Float Nation explores the resurging trend of floating, its many uses, and the reason for its disappearance.
11:11min: Floatation for Pain
19min: Your brain during a float session
21min: The history of floating
26min: Sensory deprivation/reduction
29min: Floating for relaxation
32min: Physiological effects of floating
33min: Floating for stress
39min: Floating for the mind
42min: Floating for athletics
45min: Floating for creativity
49min: Floating expectations
At Goldfields Revitalise you can float for as little or long as you like....
Available session times: